The EMN site has been built to conform to the latest W3C and NDA IT Accessibility Guidelines. If you have any questions regarding our provisions please send us feedback.
All pages on this site were developed to reach conformance rating Double A with WCAG and comply with all priority 1 and 2 checkpoints of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines v 1.0.
All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict
The site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for layout and visual formatting. If your browser does not support CSS or your wish to turn it off then all pages are still easily readable and actionable. A print stylesheet is also present so only relevant print information is outputted.
Text size can be adjusted because relative font sizes are used throughout the site. You can also increase/decrease the text size using your browser settings.
- To increase the size of the text in Windows Internet Explorer 5x - 8x select View > Text Size > Larger/Largest. Internet Explorer 7 & 8 also allows you to zoom in on a webpage using CTRL & + or CTRL & -
- To increase the size of text in Firefox, Opera and Netscape select View > Zoom > Zoom In/Zoom Out
- JAWS, a screen reader for Windows. A time-limited, downloadable demo is available.
- Lynx, a free text-only web browser for blind users with refreshable Braille displays.
- Links, a free text-only web browser for visual users with low bandwidth.