These Regulations prescribe the places of detention for the purposes of section 20 of the International Protection Act 2015. Schedule 1 prescribes the following designated places of detention:
- Castlerea Place of Detention,
- Central Mental Hospital Dundrum,
- Cloverhill Prison,
- Cork Prison,
- Limerick Prison,
- The Midlands Prison,
- Mountjoy Prisons,
- Saint Patrick’s Institution Dublin,
- The Training Unit, Glengarriff Parade, Dublin and
- Wheatfield Place of Detention, Dublin.
Schedule 2 prescribes every Garda Síochána station in the State as a place of detention.