What is the European Migration Network
The European Migration Network is an EU network of experts who work together to provide objective, comparable policy-relevant information on migration and international protection. The EMN was legally established under Council Decision 2008/381/EC, as amended.
Who we are
EMN Ireland is the Irish National Contact Point (NCP) of the European Migration Network and is located at the Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
EMN Ireland staff members are;
- Emma Quinn, Head, Irish National Contact Point of European Migration Network
- Anne Sheridan, Senior Policy Officer
- Sarah Groarke, Policy Officer
- Michal Polakowski, Policy Officer
- Elaine Byrne, Information Officer
- Evie McCullough, Information Assistant
What we do
EMN Ireland produces research and policy analysis on topics related to international protection and migration and provides comparative analysis on migration trends, legislative, policy developments and policy implementation issues.
- Publish research studies and policy reports relating to migration and asylum in Ireland and the EU.
- Maintain a library of research-based publications with relevance to migration and asylum in Ireland.
- Make available summaries of relevant Irish and European case law and legislation.
- Contribute to the EMN Asylum and Migration Glossary providing comparable terms and definitions relating to asylum and migration (including terms in Irish).
- Organise events on migration and asylum issues.
- Inform and consult a national network about EMN activities to support EMN research and policy activities.