The EMN Bulletin provides policymakers and other practitioners with updates on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level. The 27th Edition provides information from April 2019 to June 2019, including the (latest) relevant published statistics.
A special note is provided on 2018 EMN Annual Report on Migration and Asylum.
Links are provided to the following key EU developments:
- European Asylum Support Office (EASO) Annual Report on the Situation of Asylum in the European Union for 2018.
- EASO chapter on the detention of applicants for international protection in the context of the Common European Asylum System
- Eurostat published statistics on the number of first-time asylum applicants in the EU-28
- Council of the EU – Visa policy: rules to facilitate legitimate travel and fight illegal migration
- European Parliament and the Council agreement on the reform of the European Border and Coast guard
- Regulation on establishing a framework for interoperability between EU information systems in the field of borders and visa
- Judgment of the European Court of Justice – Case C‑720/17
- Council of the EU – Migration policy: partial negotiating position on return directive
- Judgment of the European Court of Justice – Joined Cases C-391/16 C-77/17 C-78/17
- Council of the EU – Immigration liaison officers: new rules to improve coordination
- European Commission third annual report on theimplementation of the Facility, showing solid results on EU support to refugees and host communities in Turkey