The EMN Bulletin provides policymakers and other practitioners with updates on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level. The 30th Edition provides information from January to March 2020, including the latest relevant published statistics.
A special note is provided on EU and national developments in response to the COVID-19 crisis and the publication of four EMN informs, one on Statelessness in the European Union and three as part of an Inform package on return counselling.
A special COVID-19 annex to the 30th edition of the EMN Bulletin can be found on the EMN website.
Links are provided to the following key EU developments:
- Judgement of the European Court of Justice- Case C-406/18
- Judgement of the European Court of Justice- Case C‑341/18
- European Commission guidance document on the implementation of temporary restriction on non-essential travel to the EU, on the facilitation of transit arrangements for the repatriation of EU citizens, and on the effects of COVID-19 on visa policy.
- Agreements between the European Union and Belarus concerning visa facilitation and readmission.
- European Commission report on the state of play regarding the situation of non-reciprocity in the area of visa policy.
- New rules on short-stay visas to the EU.
- Terms of Reference co-signed by the European Commission (DG HOME) and the European Border and Coast Guard Agency (Frontex) to improve collaboration on research and innovation relevant for EU border security.
- Report published by the Council of the Baltic Sea States on trafficking in human beings in the Baltic Sea region.
- European Commission Communication titled “Towards a comprehensive Strategy with Africa”.