This EMN Country Factsheet provides a factual overview of the main policy developments in migration and international protection in Ireland during 2013, including latest statistics.
Some key developments for 2013 include:
- Changes were introduced to the employment permits regime in order to facilitate access for highly qualified workers
- Ireland did not restrict access to Ireland’s labour market for nationals of Croatia
- A comprehensive family reunification policy document was published
- Thailand was added to the list of applicable countries under the Visa Waiver Scheme
- Ireland opted-in to eleven EU readmission agreements
- Automated border control gates (e-gates) were introduced at Terminal One of Dublin airport