Overall, PPSN allocations to non-Irish nationals across all age groups were 107,767 in 2016. This is an increase of 13,066 (+13.8%) when compared with allocations in 2015.
- Of the 94,978 non-Irish nationalsaged 15 years and over who were allocated Personal Public Service Numbers (PPSN) in 2016, 51,914 had employment activity.
- A total of 410,939 non-Irish nationals who were assigned PPSNs during the period 2002-2016 recorded some employment during 2016.
- The largest numbers of non-Irish nationals were employed in:
- Accommodation and food service activities sector (71,864).
- Wholesale and retail trade; Repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles (60,146)
- Administrative and support service activities (57,398)
- Manufacturing (45,560)
- Information and communication sectors (28,108)
- The highest number of PPSN allocations by country in 2016 was:
- United Kingdom (15,917)
- Romania (11,206)
- Poland (80,17)
- Brazil (7,270)
- Italy (5,535)
- The social welfare activity rate in year of allocation decreased to 8.9 per cent in 2016 (from 10.8% in 2015).
For more information