- From 1 July 2016 applications for non-EEA fishing crew members will only be accepted from persons outside the country under revisions to the Working Scheme for undocumented workers in the fishing industry – Non-EEA Crew Members (Irish Fishing Fleet) (introduced February 2016).
- Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality, Frances Fitzgerald TD and the Minister of State for Equality, Migration and Integration, David Stanton TD provided a progress update on the Report of the Working Group on Improvements to the Protection Process, including Direct Provision and Supports to Asylum seekers.
- Following the general election, Frances Fitzgerald T.D. was appointed Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality. David Stanton T.D. was appointed Minister of State for Justice at the Department of Justice and Equality with special responsibility for Equality, Immigration, and Integration
- Ireland committed to send experts to help with implementation of the EU – Turkey migration agreement.
- The European Commission confirmed the full participation of Ireland in the EU relocation scheme. In line with its ‘opt in’ under the Lisbon Treaty, Ireland notified the Commission on 6th October 2015 of its wish to participate in both Council Decisions on relocation and to relocate applicants for international protection from Italy and Greece. The Council Decision of 22 September 2015 on the relocation of another 120,000 applicants now also applies to Ireland.
- A new EMN Ireland report, Integration of Beneficiaries of International Protection into the Labour Market: Policies and Practices in Ireland, finds that Ireland has not developed a system of labour market integration supports, tailored to the needs of refugees.
- Office of the Refugee Applications Commissioner (ORAC) 2015 Annual Report.
- Immigrant Council of Ireland published a policy brief on Voices of Young Migrant Men and well-being index.
- Irish Refugee Council submission to the Housing and Homelessness Committee on The Reception and Housing of Asylum Seekers and Refugees in Ireland.
- The Migrant Rights Centre Ireland launched Ireland is Home 2016: A survey of 1008 undocumented migrants.
- Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service Immigration in Ireland published its Annual Review 2015.