The Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Employment has published an Employment Permits (Amendment) Bill 2014. The Department has stated that the Bill is intended to reform and update Ireland’s employment permits system as part of a plan to attract ICT (information and communication technology) workers to Ireland.
The new Bill will provide nine different “purposes for which an employment permit may be granted” including:
- “Critical Skills” Employment Permit to replace the current green card,
- Spouses, Civil Partners and Dependents Employment Permit,
- General Employment Permit,
- Intra-Company Transfer Employment Permit,
- Reactivation Employment Permit,
- Contract for Services Employment Permit,
- Exchange Agreement Employment Permit,
- Sports and Cultural Employment Permit, and
- Internship Employment Permit.
For further information:
Read Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Employment press release.