The EMN Bulletin provides policymakers and other practitioners with updates on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level. The 19th Edition provides information from April 2017 to early July 2017, including the (latest) relevant published statistics.
A special note is provided on the European Commission’s Action Plan on measures on measures to support Italy, reduce pressure along the Central Mediteranian route and increase solidarity.
Information is also provided on national developments in EU member states. Links are provided to the following key EU developments:
- European Commission report on relocation and resettlement.
- Agreement between Maltese Presidency of the Council and European Parliament on a Regulation to establish the EU Agency for Asylum.
- EASO’s 2016 Annual Report on the Situation of Asylum in the EU; and EASO statistics on asylum decisions in the EU in 2016.
- European Commission Communication outlining a set of policy guidelines to reinforce the protection of migrant children at all stages of the processes.
- Eurostat statistics on unaccompanied minors; and on persons acquiring citizenship of an EU Member State.
- Council regulation granting visa-free travel for Ukrainian citizens travelling to the EU.
- European Commission ‘Employers together for integration’ initiative.
- European Commission public consultation to collect evidence, experiences, data and opinions to support the evaluation of the existing EU legal framework for the legal entry and stay of nationals of non-EU countries to the EU.
- European Commission ‘EU Skills Profile Tool for Third-Country Nationals’.
- European Parliament report on the European Commission proposal reforming the Blue Card Directive.
- European Commission recommendation on proportionate police checks and police cooperation in the Schengen area.
- Fourth report on the operationalisation of the European Border and Coast Guard (Frontex).
- European Commission progress report on the implementation of the EU-Turkey Statement.
- Annual Report of Eurojust, providing insight into activities in the fight against serious cross-border crime including trafficking of human beings.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime update of the GLO.ACT joint initiative between the EU and UNODC aimed at addressing the trafficking in persons and the smuggling of migrants.