The EMN Bulletin provides policymakers and other practitioners with updates on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level. The 31st Edition provides information from April to June 2020, including the (latest) relevant published statistics.
A special note is provided on the launch of the EMN Annual Report on Migration and Asylum 2019 and the Croatian Presidency EMN e-conference, as well as the publication of an Inform on missing and unaccompanied minors in the EU, Norway and the UK and the study, ‘Comparative overview of national protection statuses in the EU and Norway‘.
Links are provided to the following key EU developments:
- Judgement of the European Court of Justice- Joint cases C-924/19 PPU and C-925/19 PPU
- Judgement of the European Court of Justice- Case C-36/20 PPU
- The European Commission’s guidance document on implementing relevant EU rules on asylum, return procedures and resettlement during COVID-19.
- The recommendation by the European Commission of partial and gradual lifting of travel restrictions to the EU.
- The issuance by the European Commission of a guidance note on citizens’ rights relating to the Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from the EU and the European Atomic Energy Community.
- Figures published by the European Commission, which showed that the consulates of the Schengen States received almost 17 million applications for short-stay visas in 2019.
- Publication by the European Commission of updated information and factsheets on the Regional Development and Protection Programmes (RDPPs) in North Africa.