The EMN Bulletin provides policymakers and other practitioners with updates on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level. The 18th Edition provides information from January to March 2017, including the (latest) relevant published statistics.
A special note is provided on the European Commission’s renewed EU Action Plan on Return and a Recommendation to Member States.
Information is provided on:-
- European Commission and the EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Joint Communication addressing the challenges concerning migration management in the Central Mediterranean route.
- European Commission Progress report on the implementation of the EU-Turkey Statement.
- Frontex Annual Risk Analysis for 2017.
- Council of Europe Group of experts against human trafficking (GRETA) report on the implementation of the Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings
- European Commission Progress report on the Partnership Framework with third countries under the European Agenda on Migration.
- EASO-Frontex Cooperation Plan for 2017-2018.
- Proposal for an Entry-Exit system and the corresponding modification of the Schengen Borders Code.
- Implementation decision by the Council of the EU setting out a recommendation to prolong temporary internal border controls in exceptional circumstances.