The EMN Bulletin provides policymakers and other practitioners with updates on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level. The 16th Edition provides information from July to September 2016, including the (latest) relevant published statistics.
A special note is provided on the UN Summit for Refugees and Migrants (September 2016) and the second EMN Annual Conference, Rethinking Returns from the EU. Sustainable Returns and Cooperation with Countries of Origin (July 2016).
Links are provided to:
- European Commission’s progress report on the European Agenda on Migration.
- European Commission’s sixth report on relocation and resettlement.
- European Commission’s proposals for a Regulation establishing common procedures for international protection; replacement of the recast Qualification Directive (2011/95/EU) with a Regulation on standards for the qualification of third-country nationals or stateless persons as beneficiaries of international protection, for a uniform status for refugees or for persons eligible for subsidiary protection and for the content of the protection granted; and an EU Resettlement Framework.
- Eurostat data on the total number of applications for international protection lodged in the second quarter of 2016 and first instance asylum decisions for the same period.
- European Border and Coast Guard Agency launched in October 2016.
- European Commission Regulatory Fitness and Performance (REFIT) Evaluation of the Visa Information System (VIS)
- Eighth session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime.
- European Commission Comprehensive Policy Review of Anti-Trafficking Projects.