The EMN Bulletin provides policymakers and other practitioners with updates on recent migration and international protection policy developments at EU and national level. The 21st Edition provides information from October 2017 to December 2017, including the (latest) relevant published statistics.
Information is also provided on national developments in EU member states. Links are provided to the following key EU developments:
- European Commission’s political roadmap to reach a comprehensive agreement on how to pursue a sustainable migration policy
- European Commission’s progress report on the European Agendaon Migration
- Council endorsement of a mandate for negotiations on a directive laying down standards for the reception of applicants for international protection
- Council endoresement of a mandate for negotiations on a regulation establishing an EU resettlement framework for the admission of persons in need of international protection
- European Parliament position on the reform of the Dublin Regulation
- Judgment of the European Court of Justice – Case C-201/16 Shiri
- Judgment of the European Court of Justice – Case C-165/16 Toufik Lounes V Secretary of State for the Home Department
- Judgment of the European Court of Justice – Case C-636/16 López Pastuzano
- European Commission infringement package on a number of legal actions against EU Member States on migration-related matters
- Regulation (EU) 2017/1954 amending Council Regulation (EC) 1030/2002 laying down a uniform format for residence permits for third-country nationals came into force.