EMN Ireland / UNHCR Ireland Conference: Protection of Unaccompanied Minors and Separated Children in Ireland and Europe
EMN Ireland, the Irish National Contact Point of the European Migration Network (located at the ESRI), together with the UNHCR Ireland, will hold a half-day conference on Protection of Unaccompanied Minors and Separated Children in Ireland and Europe.
Date: Thursday, 27 November 2014
Time: 8:30 - 13:15 followed by lunch
Venue: Bedford Hall, Dublin Castle
The conference will address the best interests of unaccompanied minors and separated children, in particular in relation to:-
- Entry and assessment measures and border control;
- Asylum procedures;
- Reception and care arrangements; and
- Return and reintegration practices.
- Valeria Setti, Directorate-General Home Affairs, European Commission
- Andrea Vonkeman, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Bureau for Europe
- Killian O’Brien, European Asylum Support Office (EASO)
- Emma Quinn, EMN Ireland / Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI)
- Samantha Arnold, Irish Refugee Council
- Thomas Dunning, Child and Family Agency (TUSLA)
- Manus de Barra, Ombudsman for Children
Download draft conference agenda.
Registration and further information:
Please register on-line by Friday, 21 November 2014 at the latest.
There is no charge for attending this event.
How to find Dublin Castle:
Dublin Castle is situated in the very heart of Dublin City, on the south side of the River Liffey, off Dame Street, en route from Trinity College to Christchurch Cathedral.
Bedford Hall is located in the Bedford Tower, Castle Hall in the main courtyard of Dublin Castle to the right of the Dame Street/Castle Hill entrance.
How to get there:
Dublin Bus routes No.'s 77a, 56a and 49. For further information on Dublin Bus services please click here.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +353-1-8632062.