About the European Migration Network
EMN Ireland is the Irish National Contact Point of the European Migration Network and is part of the ESRI.
The role of the European Migration Network is:
- to collect and exchange up-to-date and reliable data and information
- analysis and provide data and information in an accessible format
- contribute to the development of indicators and criteria to improve the consistency of information and development of activities related to migratory statistics
- produce and publish periodic reports on migration and asylum at National and European level
- create and maintain an on-line information exchange system which provides access to documents and publications on migration and asylum
- raise awareness by providing access to information gathered and dissemination of EMN publications and outputs
- coordinate information and cooperate with other European and International bodies.
Further information available from: http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs/what-we-do/networks/european_migration_network/index_en.htm